Control Data Corporation records. Research and development project reports
Scope and Content Note
This series contains reports on research and development projects in Control Data Corporation divisions, 1959-1964. Multiple reports are available for several of the projects and there are gaps in the project number sequence. Reports for projects that are represented in more than one division have a see reference in the box and folder list.
Acronyms used in this finding aid:
- CTI = Computer Terminals of Iran
- IPL = Integrated Product Line
- NCR = National Cash Register Company
- STAR = STring ARray
This is one series of the Control Data Corporation Records (CBI 80). Please see the other series finding aids for further information regarding the Control Data Corporation.
- Control Data Corporation (Organization)
Language of Materials
Access to materials:
Access to the collection is unrestricted.
The Charles Babbage Institute holds the copyright to all materials in the collection, except for items covered by a prior copyright (such as published materials). Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provisions of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
31 boxes (10.3 cubic feet)
This series contains reports on research and development projects in Control Data Corporation divisions, 1959-1964.
Arrangement of Collection
The reports are first arranged into the following groups:
- Computer Division
- Corporate Development
- Cedar Engineering
- Peripheral Division
- Control Corporation
- Research Division
- Control Systems Division
- System Sciences Division
- Government Systems Division
- Bendix Computer Division
Then, the reports are arranged by project number within each group.
The records were given to the Charles Babbage Institute by Ceridian Corporation in 1991.
- Computer industry -- Research. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Electronic digital computers -- Design and construction. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Control Data Corporation Records. Research and Development Project Reports, 1959-1964. Finding Aid.
- Prepared by Caroline Gasser, Kevin D. Corbitt, 1998; Maria Plonski and Kate Flanagan, 2004.
- June 2006
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note