SIGGRAPH conference publications
Scope and Content Note
The collection includes printed course materials for the various courses, tutorials, and seminars given at SIGGRAPH conferences, and a selection of conference programs and catalogs. Also included are three volumes of SIGGRAPH's Video Review, a text and video publication containing selections from the "Computer Animation Festival" and "Animation Screening Room" programs at SIGGRAPH annual conferences.
- SIGGRAPH (Organization)
Language of Materials
Access to materials:
Access to the collection is unrestricted.
CBI does not hold the copyright to the materials in the collection. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provisions of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
SIGGRAPH, the Special Interest Group on Graphics of the Association for Computing Machinery, has held an annual international conference on computer graphics and interactive techniques since 1974.
11 boxes (10.2 cubic feet)
Collection contains printed course materials for the various courses, tutorials, and seminars given at SIGGRAPH conferences, a selection of conference programs and catalogs, as well as three volumes of SIGGRAPH's Video Review
Arrangement of Collection
The materials in this collection are arranged into the following groups:
- SIGGRAPH Course Notes, Tutorials, and Seminars, 1981, 1983-1993, 1996
- SIGGRAPH Programs and Catalogs, 1983-1984, 1986-1990, 1992, 1996
- SIGGRAPH Video Review, 1988-1990
SIGGRAPH '84 course notes were acquired from the SIGGRAPH conference held in Minneapolis in 1984; the remainder of material was donated to the Charles Babbage Institute by Larry Lamb in November 2001.
- Computer graphics -- Congresses. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Computer graphics -- Study and teaching. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Interactive computer systems -- Congresses. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- SIGGRAPH (Conference)
- SIGGRAPH Conference Publications, 1981-1996. Finding Aid.
- Prepared by Kevin D. Corbitt, August 1991; revised by Carrie Seib and Josh Knatterud-Hubinger, February 2002.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Charles Babbage Institute Archives Collecting Area
Elmer L. Andersen Library
222 - 21st Avenue South
Minneapolis MN 55455