Burroughs Corporation records. Pasinski family papers
Scope and Content Note
The Pasinski family papers include material from Walter J. and Arthur Michael Pasinski. Walter J. Pasinski's collection dates from 1912-1944 and includes a bound volume of patents issued to him, a biography file, correspondence, a set of undated photographs and three diaries.
Arthur Michael Pasinski's collection dates from 1936-1973 and includes a biography file, patents and drawings, photographs, and correspondence.
This is one series of the Burroughs Corporation Records (CBI 90). Please see the other series finding aids for further information regarding the Burroughs Corporation.
- Pasinski family (Family)
Language of Materials
Access to materials:
Access to the collection is unrestricted.
The Charles Babbage Institute holds the copyright to all materials in the collection, except for items covered by a prior copyright (such as published materials). Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provisions of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
Walter J. Pasinski was born in 1885 and worked as an engineer for Burroughs from 1906 to 1951. His son, Arthur Michael Pasinski also worked for Burroughs as an engineer from 1936 to 1977. Over the years, the Pasinski's had a total of 53 patents issued between the two of them; 43 to Walter and 10 to Arthur. The first patent issued to Walter was in 1911 and Arthur's last patent expired in 1988. The Pasinski family story was part of Burroughs' 100th birthday celebration.
1 Cubic Feet (1 box)
The Pasinski family papers include material from Walter J. and Arthur Michael Pasinski, a father and son who worked in the Engineering Department at Burroughs.
Arrangement of Collection
The materials in this collection are arranged into the following groups:
- Arthur Michael Pasinski papers
- Walter J. Pasinski papers
The records were given to the Charles Babbage Institute by Unisys Corporation in 1991, accession 991-35.
- Burroughs Adding Machine Company
- Burroughs Corporation
- Computer engineers -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Computer industry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Electric engineers -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mechanical engineers -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Office equipment and supplies industry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pasinski, Arthur Michael
- Pasinski, Walter J
- Burroughs Corporation Records. Pasinski Family Papers, 1912-1984. Finding Aid.
- Prepared by Susan A. Stepka, September 1995.
- July 2005
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note