John E. Parker papers
Scope and Content Note
The collection contains reports and correspondence concerning ERA's capabilities and financial status; discussions with Remington Rand on the acquisition of ERA; and a Northwestern Aeronautical Corporation brochure.
- Parker, John E., 1900-1989 (Person)
Language of Materials
Access to materials:
Access to the collection is unrestricted.
The Charles Babbage Institute holds the copyright to all materials in the collection, except for items covered by a prior copyright (such as published materials). Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provisions of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
John E. Parker was president of Engineering Research Associates (ERA) and became a Vice President in the electronic Computer Department when Remington Rand acquired ERA.
0.2 Cubic Feet
Collection contains reports and correspondence on ERA's capabilities and finances, the acquisition of ERA by Remington Rand, and the activities of the Electronic Computer Department.
- Computer industry -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Computer industry -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Engineering Research Associates
- Parker, John E., 1900-1989
- Remington Rand, Inc. Electronic Computer Department.
- John E. Parker Papers, 1946-1956. Finding Aid.
- Prepared by Kevin D. Corbitt, April 1995.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note