Bryan S. Kocher papers
Scope and Content Note
The papers reflect Kocher's work in various capacities of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). Most heavily documented are his service on the Council and his activities as president of the ACM. The materials include: Council and Executive Committee meeting agendas and distributed materials; committee reports and correspondence; various publications by ACM; reports contains reports on ACM by outside firms; annual reports from various organizations within ACM; a relocation study; documents on policies and procedures related to aspects of the organization's operation; information on ACM's finances; and Kocher's work as Northeast Regional Representative and other areas of interest in ACM in the 1980s and early 1990s.
- Kocher, Bryan S. (Person)
Language of Materials
Access to materials:
Access to the collection is unrestricted.
The Charles Babbage Institute holds the copyright to all materials in the collection, except for items covered by a prior copyright (such as published materials). Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provisions of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
Bryan S. Kocher was president of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) from 1988 to 1990. Previously he served as ACM's Northeast Regional Representative and as president of the ACM Greater Boston Chapter.
8 boxes (7.25 cubic feet)
The papers reflect Bryan Kocher's work in various capacities of the ACM. Most heavily documented are his service on the Council and his activities as president of the ACM. Materials include reports, correspondence, studies, manuals and subject files.
Arrangement of Collection
The materials in this collection are arranged into the following groups:
- Council and Executive Committee Meetings, 1982-1991
- Council and Executive Committee Distributions and Documents, 1981-1991
- Committees, 1983-1989
- Publications, 1980-1991
- Consultants Reports, 1988, 1991
- Internal Reports, 1986-1990
- Manuals, 1982-1988
- Subject Files, 1980-1990
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Electronic Data Processing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kocher, Bryan S.
- Professional associations. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Trade associations. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bryan S. Kocher Papers, 1980-1991. Finding Aid.
- Prepared by Kevin D. Corbitt, December 1994 and Jessica Huffman, 2009.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Charles Babbage Institute Archives Collecting Area
Elmer L. Andersen Library
222 - 21st Avenue South
Minneapolis MN 55455