Association for Systems Management. Twin Cities Chapter records
Scope and Content Note
The collection contains minutes from monthly ASM directors’ meetings, 1977-1994; newsletters, 1974-1994; membership materials; and a small amount of committee records and materials relating to the MJCC.
- Association for Systems Management. Twin Cities Chapter (Organization)
Language of Materials
Use of Materials:
Access to the collection is unrestricted.
The Charles Babbage Institute holds the copyright to all materials in the collection, except for items covered by a prior copyright (such as published materials). Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provisions of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
The Association for Systems Management (ASM), Twin Cities Chapter, was established as the Systems and Procedures Association of American, Twin Cities Chapter, in 1948, and incorporated in 1951. In the 1990s, the ASM merged with the Twin Cities Chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery (previously the Computing Association of Minnesota) to form the Minnesota Information Professionals Society (MnIPS).
The Twin Cities Chapter of the ASM was established to promote a broader understanding of the systems function as a component of effective management and to support the data processing community in the Twin Cities area. The chapter held monthly meetings, published a newsletter eight times each year, conducted educational seminars, and was involved in the organization of the Minnesota Joint Computer Conference (MJCC), among other activities.
6 boxes (1.8 cubic feet)
Collection contains meeting minutes from monthly ASM directors’ meetings, newsletters, membership materials, and a small amount of committee records.
The materials in this collection are arranged into the following groups:
- ASM Board of Directors
- ASM Newsletters
The records were given to the Charles Babbage Institute by Joe Perzel in 2000.
- Computer software Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Computers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Information technology -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minnesota Joint Computer Conference
- Organizational effectiveness -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Technological innovations -- Management Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Association for Systems Management. Twin Cities Chapter Records, 1973-1994. Finding Aid.
- Prepared by Matthew James Buell and Lynn M. Leitte, October 2000.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note