Burroughs Corporation records. Slide collection
Scope and Content Note
The collection contains 35 mm color and black and white slides. Slides in the "A" series appears to have been a slide presentation from the mid-1950s summarizing Burroughs history and post-World War II capabilities. The Control Instrument Company materials contains seven slides of the CIC personnel and facilities. The Installation series documents Burroughs computer installations at various locations in 1978. The Products and Facilities series includes eighteen undated slides of Burroughs products or facilities. The World Headquarters series documents the construction of the World Headquarters facility in Detroit, MI, circa 1968-1974.
- Burroughs Corporation (Organization)
Language of Materials
Access to materials:
Access to the collection is unrestricted.
The Charles Babbage Institute holds the copyright to all materials in the collection, except for items covered by a prior copyright (such as published materials). Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provisions of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
2 boxes (0.6 cubic feet)
Contains 35 mm color and black and white slides documenting some of the activities of Burroughs Corporation from the mid 1950s-mid 1970s.
Arrangement of Collection
The materials in this collection are arranged into the following groups:
- Control Instrument Company (CIC)
- Products and Facilities
- World Headquarters Construction
The records were given to the Charles Babbage Institute by Unisys Corporation in 1991, accession 991-35.
- Computer industry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Computers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Slides (Photography) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Burroughs Corporation Records. Slide Collection, circa 1955-1978. Finding Aid.
- Prepared by Susan A. Stepka and Kevin D. Corbitt, June 1996 .
- July 2005
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Charles Babbage Institute Archives Collecting Area
Elmer L. Andersen Library
222 - 21st Avenue South
Minneapolis MN 55455