Stan Mack Papers
Scope and Contents
The correction contains original illustrations, primarily ink drawings, dummies, proofs, correspondence and related production material for children's books illustrated by Mack (some also written by Mack).
- Creation: 1966 - 2012
- Mack, Stanley (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Conditions Governing Use
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Biographical / Historical
Stanley Mack (born Mary 13, 1936) is an American cartoonist, writer, and children's book illustrator and writer known for his New York comic strip, "Stan Mack's Real Life Funnies," which was published in The Village Voice. He is a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design. He was art director for The New York Herald Tribune's Book Week, The New York Times Sunday Magazine, and also The New York Times Book Review. Mack lives in New York City.
“Stan Mack.” Simon & Schuster. Accessed October 31, 2022. https://www.simonandschuster.com/authors/Stan-Mack/1707314.
10.36 Cubic Feet (5 Boxes (1 record carton and 4 flat boxes))
Language of Materials
Stan Mack is an American cartoonist. The collection includes his illustrations and production materials for children's books written and/or illustrated by Mack.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Participation, African American -- Juvenile literature
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Juvenile fiction
- Alphabet books
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Authors, American -- 21st century
- Cats -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's stories, American
- City and town life -- Juvenile fiction
- Counting -- Juvenile fiction
- Dinosaurs -- Juvenile fiction
- Fantasy fiction
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Humorous stories
- Illustration of books -- 21st century
- Mathematics -- Juvenile literature
- Picture books
- Practical jokes -- Juvenile fiction
- Slavery -- Juvenile fiction
- Wit and humor, Juvenile
- Stan Mack Papers, 1966-2012
- Carter Thurmond
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library