Antoinette Portis Papers
Scope and Contents
The Antoinette Portis papers contains a dummy for the children's book Not a Box, written and illustrated by Portis, as well as an accompanying note describing the item, including some early water damage.
"Antoinette Portis." Something About the Author. Vol. 362. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2021.
- circa 2006, 2022
- Portis, Antoinette (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Antoinette Portis is an author and illustrator of picture books. She earned a BFA from the University of California, Los Angeles. Prior to becoming a full-time author and illustrator with the publication of her first children's book Not a Box, Portis worked as a graphic designer and art director, eventually becoming creative director and then vice president for Disney Consumer Products. She lives in Studio City, California.
Language of Materials
The collection contains a dummy related to one children's book by Antoinette Portis.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Antoinette Portis.
- Authors, American -- 21st century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 21st century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Imagination -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rabbits -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Antoinette Portis papers, circa 2006, 2022
- Caitlin Marineau
- November 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library