Peter and Connie Roop Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains drafts, notes, research, and correspondence related to children's books co-written by the Roops, including both fiction and nonfiction works.
- Creation: 1982 - 2012
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Constance (Connie) Beltzer Roop was born in 1951 in Elkhorn, Wisconsin, and earned a BA from Lawrence University and an MST from Boston College. She taught environmental science in Appleton, Wisconsin, beginning in 1973. She has written over 100 books for children, both fiction and nonfiction (including biographies, history, and science topics), in collaboration with her husband, Peter Roop. Peter was born in 1951 in Winchester, Massachusetts, and earned a BA from Lawrence University and an MA from Simmons College. He taught elementary school for many years, in addition to his writing. The Roops live in Appleton, Wisconsin.
"Connie Roop (1951-)" and "Peter Roop (1951-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 295. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2016.
2.5 Cubic Feet (2 record cartons)
Language of Materials
The Peter and Connie Roop papers contain material related to their books for children.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by publication title, with some childhood writing by Peter Roop at the end.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Peter and Connie Roop.
- Sequoyah, 1770?-1843 -- Juvenile fiction (Depicted, Person)
- Keller, Helen, 1880-1968 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
- Sacagawea -- Juvenile fiction (Depicted, Person)
- Franklin, Benjamin, 1706-1790 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
- Tubman, Harriet, 1822-1913 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
- Parks, Rosa, 1913-2005 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
- Squanto -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
- Armstrong, Neil, 1930-2012 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
- Ross, Betsy, 1752-1836 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Animals -- Juvenile literature
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- California gold discoveries -- Juvenile literature
- Cherokee Indians -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's stories, American
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Juvenile literature
- Lighthouses -- Juvenile literature
- Shoshoni Indians -- Juvenile fiction
- Thanksgiving Day -- Juvenile fiction
- Whooping crane -- Juvenile literature
- Yellowstone National Park -- Juvenile literature
- Peter and Connie Roop papers, 1982-2012
- Caitlin Marineau
- November 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- February 2023: New material added and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library