Heidi E. Y. Stemple Papers
Scope and Contents
The Heidi E. Y. Stemple papers contain typescripts, notes, research, correspondence, and related materials for children's books written by Stemple, many in collaboration with her mother, Jane Yolen.
- Creation: 1998 - 2021
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Heidi E. Y. Stemple was born in 1966 in Hatfield, Massachusetts. She earned a BA in psychology from Eckerd College, and worked as a probation officer in Florida before becoming a writer. She is the author of numerous books for children, many coauthored with her mother, well-known children's and young adult author Jane Yolen. She has worked in a vaierty of genres, including verse, cook books, picture books, and nonfiction. Stemple lives in Hatfield, Massachusetts.
"Heidi E. Y. Stemple (1966-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 381. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2022.
1.25 Cubic Feet (1 record carton)
Language of Materials
The collection contains production materials for children's books written by Heidi E. Y. Stemple, including many works co-authored with Jane Yolen.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by publication title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Heidi E. Y. Stemple.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Animal behavior -- Juvenile literature
- Authors, American -- 21st century
- Ballet -- Juvenile literature
- Bird conservation -- Juvenile literature
- Birds -- Juvenile literature
- Children's stories, American
- Counting -- Juvenile literature
- Espionage -- Juvenile literature
- Female offenders -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- Ghosts -- Juvenile literature
- Jewish cooking
- Monsters -- Juvenile fiction
- Picture books
- Roanoke Colony -- Juvenile literature
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction
- Heidi E. Y. Stemple papers, 1998-2021
- Caitlin Marineau
- June 2023
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library