Thelma Harrington Bell Papers
Scope and Contents
The Thelma Harrington Bell Papers contain corrected typescripts for two children's books, Pawnee (1950) and The Riddle of Time (1963).
- circa 1950-circa 1963
- Bell, Thelma H., 1896-1985 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Thelma Harrington Bell was born in 1896 in Detroit, Michigan. She received a BA from Western Reserve University in 1918. She married Corydon Bell in 1921, with whom she was to collaborate on many books. She started her career as a a copywriter, but became a freelance writer of children's books in 1921 and continued in this until her death in 1985. Biographical Source: Something About the Author, v.3, p. 20.
Language of Materials
The collection contains typescripts for two titles written by Thelma Harrington Bell.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Thelma Harrington Bell
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Calendar -- History -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dolls -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Time measurements -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Thelma Harrington Bell Papers, circa 1950-circa 1963
- Nancy Larsen
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library