Carli Laklan Papers
Scope and Contents
The Carli Laklan Papers contain typescripts, proof, correspondence, clippings, and notes related to the writing and publication of the book Migrant Girl.
- Laklan, Carli (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Author Carli Laklan was born Virginia Carli Laughlin in Paoli, Oklahoma in 1907. She attended Stanford University, and earned an MA from the University of Washington in 1930, and also took postgraduate courses at Columbia University and New York University. Her novel Migrant Girl was published in 1970,and she published both fiction and nonfiction works. In addition, she wrote several books under the pseudonym John Clarke. She died in 1988.
"Carli Laklan (1907-)." Something about the Author. Vol. 5. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1971.
Language of Materials
The collection contains material related to the writing of one novel written by Carli Laklan.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Carli Laklan.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Migrant agricultural laborers -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Migrant labor -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult fiction, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Carli Laklan Papers, 1969-1970
- David Byer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library