Norma Fox Mazer Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts, proofs, correspondence, and related production material for novels and short stories written by Norma Fox Mazer.
- Creation: 1979 - 2005
- Mazer, Norma Fox, 1931-2009 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Norma Fox Mazer was born in 1931 in New York. She attended Antioch college, where she met her husband, Harry Mazer, who also became a writer. She is best known for her novels for children and young adults. Her book After the Rain was awarded a Newbery Honor in 1988. Mazer died in Vermont in 2009.
5 Cubic Feet (4 record cartons)
Language of Materials
The collection contains written production materials for novels and short stories written by Norma Fox Mazer.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by published title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Norma Fox Mazer.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Child sexual abuse -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's stories, American
- Death -- Juvenile fiction
- Dysfunctional families -- Juvenile fiction
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Grandfathers -- Juvenile fiction
- Kidnapping -- Juvenile fiction
- Moving, household -- Juvenile fiction
- Sexual abuse victims -- Juvenile fiction
- Sisters -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult fiction, American
- Norma Fox Mazer Papers, 1979-2005
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- November 2019: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library