Lise Somme McKinnon Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains corrected typescripts and some miscellaneous manuscript pages for Swedish and Norwegian titles translated by Lise Somme McKinnon, including several titles by Norwegian writer Babbis Friis-Baastad and one title by Swedish writer Gunnel Linde
- circa 1965-1972
- McKinnon, Lise Sømme (Translator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Lise Somme McKinnon was a translator of Scandinavian literature in the twentieth century. Her translation of Don't Take Teddy, by Babbis Friis-Baastad, was awarded the Mildred L. Batchelder Award for outstanding translated book for children in 1969.
Language of Materials
The collection contains written material related to four titles translated by Lise Somme McKinnon.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Lise Somme McKinnon
- Children's literature, Norwegian -- Translations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, Swedish -- Translations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Norway -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sweden -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Translators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lise Somme McKinnon Papers, circa 1965-1972
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note