Jon Hassler Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of manuscript materials related to two young adult novels written by Hassler and includes proofs, holographs, typescripts, correspondence, and notes dated between 1969 and 1982.
- 1969-1982, undated
- Hassler, Jon (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Jon Hassler was born on March 30, 1933 in Minneapolis. He received his BA in English from St. John's University in 1955 and his MA in English from the University of Dakota in 1960. He taught at the high school level until 1965, when he began teaching at Bemidji State University, then Brainerd Community College, eventually returning to St. John's University. His first publication, Staggerford, was an adult novel published in 1977; he went on to publish multiple novels, short story collections, and works for a juvenile audience. He died on March 20, 2008.
1.6 Cubic Feet (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of manuscript materials related to two young adult novels by Jon Hassler published in 1977 and 1980.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by publication title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Jon Hassler.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Crime -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ojibwa Indians -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult fiction, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jon Hassler papers, 1969-1982, undated
- Finding aid created by CLRC staff
- July 2004, June 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2014: Collection reprocessed by Jessica Botoshe; EAD updated by Kate Dietrick
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library