Pete Hautman Papers
Scope and Contents
The Pete Hautman Papers contain typescripts and editorial correspondence related to four young adult novels written by Hautman: Stone Cold (later published under the title No Limit), A Hole in the Sky, Mr. Was, and Sweetblood.
- Creation: 1996-2003
- Hautman, Pete, 1952- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Peter Murray Hautman was born September 29, 1952, in Berkeley, CA. He attended the Minneapolis College of Art and Design and University of Minnesota. After working for almost twenty years in advertising and design, he left that field in 1992 to begin his second career as a freelance author. He has written works for both adult and teen readers. He has also written juvenile nonfiction under the pseudonym Peter Murray. Hautman lives in Minneapolis, MN.
Biographical Source: "Pete(r Murray) Hautman (1952-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 128. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2002.
.8 Cubic Feet (2 hollinger boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection contains typescripts and correspondence related to four young adult novels by Pete Hautman.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by publication.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Pete Hautman.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Authors, American -- 21st century
- Family problems -- Juvenile fiction
- Gambling -- Juvenile fiction
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder -- Juvenile fiction
- Science fiction
- Survival -- Juvenile fiction
- Time travel -- Juvenile fiction
- Vampires -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult fiction, American
- Pete Hautman Papers, 1996-2003
- Felicity Hanson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library