Alice E. Christgau Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes corrected typescripts and proofs, as well as general correspondence related to three children's books published between 1965 and 1968.
- 1964 - 1979
- Christgau, Alice E. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Alice Christgau was born in 1902 in Minnesota. She attended Mankato State College and the University of Minnesota. In addition to being a writer, Christgau worked as a teacher in Minnesota and California. Her first book Runaway to Glory was published in 1965.
"Alice Erickson Christgau (1902-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 13. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1978.
.8 Cubic Feet (2 hollinger boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection includes production material for three children's books published between 1965 and 1968.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by publication title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection is a gift from Alice E. Christgau given in 1972.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farm life -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minnesota -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Alice E. Christgau, 1964-1979, undated
- Leslie Czechowski and CLRC staff
- July 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- October 2013: Collection reprocessed by Victoria Rieck; EAD updated by Kate Dietrick
- February 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library