George Mendoza Collection
Scope and Contents
The George Mendoza Collection contains a corrected typescript and proof for the title Gwot!: Horribly Funny Hairticklers.
- Mendoza, George (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
George Mendoza was born June 2, 1934, in New York, NY and earned his BA from Columbia University. He became a poet, screenwriter, and author of over 100 children's books.
"George Mendoza (1934-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 39. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1985.
Language of Materials
The collection contains production materiala for one published title written by George Mendoza.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Humorous stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- George Mendoza Collection, 1967
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library