Sheila Moon Papers
Scope and Contents
The Sheila Moon papers contain a manuscript for the fantasy book Knee Deep in Thunder.
- circa 1967
- Moon, Sheila (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Sheila Moon was born December 25, 1910, in Denver, CO, and died August 25, 1991, in San Francisco, CA. She was a professor of Psychology, an analyst, and a poet. Her books for young people were mostly in the science fiction genre. She loved to write outdoors, and wrote, as she said, because she could not do otherwise.
"Sheila (Elizabeth) Moon (1910-1991)." Something About the Author. Vols. 5 and 114. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1971 and 2000.
Language of Materials
The collection contains a manuscript for one book written by Sheila Moon.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Sheila Moon.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fantasy fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sheila Moon Papers, circa 1967
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- February 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library