Lilian Moore Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a typescript and correspondence related to the children's poetry book I Never Did that Before, by Lilian Moore.
- Moore, Lilian (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Lilian Moore Reavin was an editor and poet. She was the first editor of Scholastic Arrow Book Club from 1957-1967 and apoet. In 1985 She received the National Council Teachers of English's award for excellence in poetry for children. Moore was born in 1909 and died in 2004.
Language of Materials
The Lilian Moore Collection contains a typescript and correspondence related to one book of children's poetry by Moore.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's poetry, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lilian Moon Collection, 1993
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- February 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library