Arthur C. Clarke Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a corrected typescript and proof for the non-fiction juvenile title Indian Ocean Treasure, about divers discovering a a shipwreck off the coast of Sri Lanka.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Science-fiction author Arthur Charles Clarke was born in 1917 in Minehead, England. He worked in the British Civil Service before his career as an editor and writer. He is best-known for his book and film 2001: A Space Odyssey. He wrote numerous books and essays (both fiction and non-fiction) on science, space travel, and exploration. In 1956 he emigrated to Sri Lanka to pursue his interest in undersea exploration, and lived there until his death in 2008.
Language of Materials
Contains a corrected typescript and proof for a nonfiction juvenile title by Arthur C. Clarke.
- Authors, English -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Deep diving -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Shipwrecks -- Sri Lanka -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Treasure troves -- Sri Lanka -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Arthur C. Clarke Collection, 1964
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- February 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library