Eth Clifford Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence, as well as typescripts, galleys, and production material for 13 books by Eth Clifford.
- Creation: 1967 - 1994
- Clifford, Eth, 1915- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Eth Clifford (Rosenberg) was born in New York City in 1915. She wrote numerous books for children and young adults, publishing her first in 1959. In addition, she and her husband, David Rosenberg, started David-Stewart Publishing Company. She also published under the name Ruth Bonn Penn, and with her husband under David Clifford. Eth Clifford died in 2003.
2 Cubic Feet (5 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection contains production material for children's books written by Eth Clifford.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by publication title, with a separate series for correspondence at the beginning.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Eth Clifford.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Animals -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Children's stories, American
- Delaware Indians -- Juvenile fiction
- Detective and mystery stories
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- Foxes -- Juvenile fiction
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Juvenile fiction
- Homeless persons -- Juvenile fiction
- Treasure troves -- Juvenile fiction
- Trolley cars -- Juvenile fiction
- Eth Clifford Papers, 1967-1994
- Lydia Arant, Caitlin Marineau
- October 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library