Evangeline F. Morse Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a corrected typescript for the children's novel Brown Rabbit: Her Story, about a young African American girl who moves to a new city, written by Evangeline Morse and published in 1967.
- circa 1967
- Morse, Evangeline (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Writer and social worker Evangeline Morse was born in Georgia and earned degrees from Talledega College and Chicago Theological Seminary. She died in 2004 at age 91.
Language of Materials
The collection contains a corrected typescript for one children's book written by Evangeline Morse.
- African American girls -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Evangeline F. Morse Collection, circa 1967
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- February 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library