Jane O'Connor Papers
Scope and Contents
The Jane O'Connor papers contain written production material, including a corrected typescript and proofs, for the children's novel Just Good Friends, published in 1983.
- O'Connor, Jane (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Author and editor Jane O'Connor was born December 30, 1947, in New York, NY. She has held various positions in publishing houses, and has also written over seventy children's books, including the Fancy Nancy series of picture books. O'Connor lives in New York City.
Language of Materials
The collection contains written production material for one children's book by Jane O'Connor.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Jane O'Connor.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Families -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Jane O'Connor Papers, 1983
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- February 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library