LeRoy Allen Papers
Scope and Contents
The LeRoy Allen papers contains typescripts from the 1970 book Shawnee Lance, written by Allen.
- 1969, undated
- Allen, LeRoy, 1913- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
LeRoy Allen was born July 13, 1912, in McLeansboro, Ill. He spent a large portion of his life between 1931 and 1975 serving in the US Navy. He published several books for children, including Shawnee Lance in 1970.
"Leroy Allen (1912-)." Something About the Author. Volume 11. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1977.
Language of Materials
The LeRoy Allen papers contain written production material from one book by Allen.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by the author in 1970.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Shawnee Indians -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- LeRoy Allen Papers, 1969, undated
- Sharlene Murphy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2016: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated
- February 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library