Pam Conrad Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains materials from 201 works written by Conrad, including both published children's books, as well as a large number of unpublished titles. Material includes clippings, correspondence, typescripts, notes, dummies, contracts, proofs, reviews, research, and other related materials, as well as personal and miscellaneous papers and correspondence.
- Creation: 1957 - 1996
- Conrad, Pam (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Pam Conrad was born in 1947 in New York City. She was fond of poetry and started writing poetry as a child. Her book Prairie Songs was a 1986 ALA Best Children's Book of the Year and a 1985 ALA Golden Kite Honor Book. Her ghost story Stonewords was a 1991 Edgar Allan Poe Award winner for Best Juvenile Mystery. She died in 1996 from cancer.
21.4 Cubic Feet (19 boxes)
Language of Materials
Contains production material related to children's books written by Pam Conrad.
Collection is arranged into two series. Publications and Unpublished Books are arranged alphabetically by title.
- Publications and Unpublished Books
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Pam Conrad.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Onomatopoeia -- Juvenile literature
- America -- Discovery and exploration -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Birthdays -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's stories, American
- Death -- Juvenile fiction
- Dinosaurs -- Juvenile fiction
- Divorce -- Juvenile fiction
- Dolls -- Juvenile fiction
- Family problems -- Juvenile fiction
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Juvenile fiction
- Ghost stories
- Growth -- Juvenile fiction
- Meteorites -- Juvenile fiction
- Moving, household -- Juvenile fiction
- Picture books
- Shipwrecks -- Juvenile fiction
- Short stories
- Strawberries -- Juvenile fiction
- Time travel -- Juvenile fiction
- Toys -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult fiction, American
- Young adult literature, Australian
- Pam Conrad papers, 1957-1996, undated
- Finding aid created by CLRC staff
- November 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2014: Collection reprocessed by Laura Howard; EAD updated by Jennifer Shaw
- February 2017: A few boxes added to collection by Carter Thurmond
- February 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library