Richard Willard Armour Papers
Scope and Contents
The Richard Willard Armour papers contain written production material for three books between 1965 and 1970, including corrected proofs, correspondence and notes.
- 1971, undated
- Armour, Richard, 1906-1989 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Author and poet Richard Armour was born July 25, 1906 in San Pedro, CA. He began his education at Pomona College, receiving his bachelor's of arts, which lead him to Harvard University to pursue both his masters and his Ph.D. in 1933. Author of over sixty books, Armour also wrote the widely syndicated newspaper column "Armour's Armory". In addition, he was a professor of English, teaching at colleges such as Scripps and Claremont. Richard Armour died in 1989.
"Richard (Willard) Armour (1906-1989)." Something About the Author. Vol. 14 and 61. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1978 and 1990.
Language of Materials
The Richard Willard Armour papers contains written production material for three titles between 1965 and 1970, including corrected proofs, correspondence and notes.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by the author in 1972.
- Animals -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's poetry, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Easter stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stories in rhyme Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Richard Willard Armour Papers, 1971, undated
- Sharlene Murphy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2016: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library