Katy Keck Arnsteen Papers

Collection
Identifier: CLRC-1182

Scope and Content

The Katy K. Arnsteen Collection contains illustrative production material for nineteen titles published between 1986 and 1998, including colored pencil, ink crayon, ink, marker, pastel, watercolor dummies; pencil, ink, watercolor, illustrations; pencil storyboards; printer's proofs, galley proofs, title page art; notes and correspondence. Arnsteen collaborated with Donna Guthrie of many of the nineteen titles present in the Kerlan Collection.

Dates

• 1986-1998

Creator

Language of Materials

English

Restrictions on Access

Items in this collection do not circulate and may be used in-house only. Materials will be retrieved from and returned to storage areas by staff members.

Restrictions on Use

Please contact staff regarding copyright status of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under fair use provisions of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code).

Biographical Sketch

Katy Keck Arnsteen was born April 14, 1934, in Kenosha, WI and attended Wayne State University, where upon receiving her BFA and post-graduate work, Arnsteen also enrolled in the Cranbrook Academy of Art in 1956. She spent the majority of her career life as an illustrator, while working also as a teacher, painter, courtroom artist and art editor. Arnsteen once said, "I've always loved art and words and children. The field of children's books lets me combine these loves...I make the my books for the child inside of me."

Biographical source: Something About the Author. Volume 63, 1992.

Extent

1 Linear foot (2 boxes)

Abstract

The Katy K. Arnsteen Collection contains illustrative production material for nineteen titles published between 1986 and 1998.

Source of acquisition

Gift of Arnsteen, Katy Keck.
Title
Katy Keck Arnsteen Collection
Author
Sharlene Murphy
Date
10/18/2004
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Description is in English

Collecting Area Details

Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area

Contact:
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library