Robbie Branscum Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of written production materials for the children's book The Saving of P.S., including a corrected typescript and proof.
- circa 1977
- Branscum, Robbie (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Robbie Branscum was born in 1937 on a farm near Big Flat, Arkansas. Her father died when she was four and she was sent to a poverty-stricken, remote farm to live with her grandparents. Her books reflect her early struggles. Robbie quit school after 7th grade, but continued to treasure books and be fascinated by words. In her teens she wrote songs and poems. She married at 15, but she was divorced some 15 years later. In 1971 she published her first children's book. Her heroes and heroines were know for their fiestiness and colorful idioms. She died in 1997. Biographical Source: Something About the Author, v. 72, pp. 19-21.
Language of Materials
The Robbie Branscum papers contain written archival material for one children's book.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Robbie Branscum.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mountain life -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Runaway children -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Robbie Branscum Papers, circa 1977
- Nancy Larsen
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library