Berniece Rabe Papers
Scope and Contents
The Berniece Rabe papers contains written production material, including typescripts, proofs, notes, and related material for eleven children's books published between 1973 and 1988.
- Creation: 1967 - 1988
- Rabe, Berniece (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Berniece (Bagby) Rabe was born January 11, 1928 in Parma, MO. She received a BA in education after returning to school in 1963, and did post-graduate study at Columbia, Northern Illinois University, and Roosevelt University. She published her first novel, Rass in 1973. Rabe died in 2013 in Plano, TX.
"Berniece (Louise) Rabe (1928-)." Something About the Author. Volume 148. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2004.
2.9 Cubic Feet (3 boxes [2 record cartons and 1 hollinger box])
Language of Materials
The Berniece Rabe Collection contains written production material from eleven children's books written by Rabe.
Collection guide arranged alphanetically by published title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Berniece Rabe.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Children's stories, American
- Country life -- Juvenile fiction
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States -- Juvenile fiction
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- Farm life -- Juvenile fiction
- Fathers and sons -- Juvenile fiction
- Moving, household -- Juvenile fiction
- Orphans -- Juvenile fiction
- People with disabilities -- Juvenile fiction
- Picture books
- Reading -- Juvenile fiction
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction
- Self-confidence -- Juvenile fiction
- Twins -- Juvenile fiction
- Berniece Rabe Papers, 1967-1988
- Sharlene Murphy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2019: Collection reprocessed and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library