Nancy Winslow Parker Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of written and illustrative production material for 19 published children's books and 14 unpublished titles. It includes manuscripts, typescripts, dummies, page proofs, galleys, pencil sketches, ink illustrations with watercolor and pencil, correspondence, research, notes, and reviews.
- Creation: 1969 - 2014
- Parker, Nancy Winslow (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Restrictions on Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Nancy Winslow Parker was born October 18, 1930 in Maplewood, NJ. She received a BA from Mills College in 1952 and continued her education at the Art Students League and School of Visual Arts in New York. Parker worked in sales promotion, art direction, graphic design, and freelance writing and illustration. She wrote both fiction and non-fiction for children, illustrating for other authors as well as her own books. Parker died in 2015.
Biographical Source: Nancy Winslow Parker (1930-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 132. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2002.
17.59 Linear Feet (13 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of production material for 19 published children's books and 14 unpublished titles.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Nancy Winslow Parker.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
- Children's literature, American
- Children's songs, English
- Folk songs, English
- Illustration of books -- 20th century
- Illustrators -- United States
- Navajo Indians -- Juvenile fiction
Genre / Form
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Birdhouses -- Juvenile fiction
- Chickens -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's literature -- Illustrations
- Children's stories, American
- Fantasy fiction
- Halloween -- Juvenile fiction
- Imagination -- Juvenile fiction
- Picture books
- Railroad trains -- Juvenile fiction
- Romance fiction
- Sick -- Juvenile fiction
- Stories in rhyme
- Teddy bears -- Juvenile fiction
- Textile fabrics -- Juvenile literature
- Zoos -- Juvenile fiction
- Nancy Winslow Parker Papers, 1969-2014
- Lois Steer
- November 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- September 16, 2015: Collection reprocessed by Teresa Tjepkes, EAD updated by Teresa Tjepkes.
- January 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library