David Adler Papers
Scope and Contents
The David Adler papers contains written production material for one title from 1997, illustration copies and corrected proof from the book Hiding From the Nazis.
- 1996, undated
- Adler, David A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Born in 1947, author and editor David Adler was educated at Queens College of the City University of New York and New York University (completing his MBA in 1971). He began a career as a math teacher before taking on writing and editing full time in 1977. Adler has written dozens of books in a variety of genres, from picture books to riddle books, biographies to adventure series, and many nonfiction works. From 1978 to 1990 he also was an editor at the Jewish Publication Society. He lives in New York.
"David A. Adler (1947-)." Something About the Author. Volume 106. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1999.
Language of Materials
The David Adler Collection contains illustration photocopies and a corrected page proof for one children's book.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of David Adler.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish children in the Holocaust -- Netherlands -- Biography -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- Netherlands -- Biography -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Jews -- Rescue -- Netherlands -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- David Adler Papers, 1996, undated
- Sharlene Murphy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2016: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated
- February 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library