Joan Chase Bowden Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains corrected typescript for the children's book Strong John, written by Joan Chase Bowden.
- circa 1980
- Bowden, Joan Chase (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Joan Chase Bowden was born in London, England in 1925. She came to the United States in 1953 and was naturalized in 1960. She did secretarial work from 1943 to 1953. In 1968 she began writing books for children. Subsequently she became a teacher of writing for young people and a free lance editor. She has published under several pseudonyms, including Joan Chase Bacon, Jane Godfrey, Charlotte Graham, and Kathryn Kenny.
Language of Materials
The collection consists of a corrected typescript for one book by Joan Chase Bowden.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Joan Chase Bowden.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, English -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Wealth -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Work -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Joan Chase Bowden Papers, circa 1980
- Nancy Larsen
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- February 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library