Mel Crawford Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of one ink illustration for an RCA Records version of A Christmas Carol, narrated by Charles Laughton.
- Crawford, Mel (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Mel Crawford was born in 1925 in Toronto, Canada and studied at the Royal Ontario College of Art. He is a painter, author, and illustrator of more than 300 children's books, magazines, and calendars. He exhibited his watercolors through the United States. Crawford died in 2015.
"Mel Crawford (1925-)." Something About the Author. Volume 44. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1986.
Language of Materials
The Mel Crawford collection consists of an ink illustration created for an RCA records edition of A Christmas Carol.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Mel Crawford, via Dr. Irvin Kerlan, in 1962.
- Christmas stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kerlan, Irvin, 1912-1963 (Person)
- Mel Crawford Collection, undated
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2023: Collection reprocessed and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library