Paul D. Cretien, Jr. Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains an ink and watercolor study for Sir Henry and the Dragon, a children's book written and illustrated by Paul Cretien. The piece is inscribed on the back to Dr. Irvin Kerlan in 1959.
- circa 1958-1959
- Cretien, Paul D. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Paul D. Cretien, Jr. wrote and illustrated the children's book Sir Henry and the Dragon, published in 1958.
Language of Materials
Collection contains an ink and watercolor study for one children's book.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Paul Cretien, Jr., via Dr. Irvin Kerlan.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dragons -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Knights and knighthood -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- watercolors (paintings) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Paul D. Cretien, Jr. Collection, circa 1958-1959
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2023: Collection reprocessed and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library