Eda and Richard Crist Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains one uncut page proof for the children's book Excitement in Appleby Street, created by Eda and Richard Crist.
- circa 1950
- Crist, Richard (Person)
- Crist, Eda (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Richard Crist (1909-1985) was an American artist born in Cleveland, OH. He studied at the Carnegie Institute in Pittsburgh and the Art Institute of Chicago. In addition to fine art, he created several children's books with his wife, Eda. He died in 1985 in Woodstock, New York.
Language of Materials
Collection contains one uncut page proof for a children's book by the Crists.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roads -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Eda and Richard Crist Collection, circa 1950
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- September 2021: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library