Carolyn Reeder Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains production material for twelve books by Carolyn Reeder, including typescripts, proofs, dummies, correspondence, notes, clippings, and research material.
- Creation: 1985 - 2012
- Reeder, Carolyn (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Author Carolyn Reeder was born in Washington, D.C. in 1937. Reeder attended American University, after which she became a teacher, before beginning to publish books for children. Her first historical children's novel, Shades of Gray, was published in 1989. Reeder died in 2012.
"Carolyn Reeder (1937-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 97. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1998.
Language of Materials
This collection contains production material for a dozen books by Carolyn Reeder.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by book title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Caroyn Reeder.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Atomic bomb -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Brothers and sisters -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's stories, American
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States -- Juvenile fiction
- Family problems -- Juvenile fiction
- Orphans -- Juvenile fiction
- Prohibition -- Juvenile fiction
- Slavery -- Juvenile fiction
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States -- Juvenile fiction
- Carolyn Reeder Papers, 1985-2012
- Sharlene Murphy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 30, 2015: Collection reprocessed by Laura Howard, EAD updated by Teresa Tjepkes.
- January 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library