Jim Latimer Papers
Scope and Contents
The Jim Latimer papers contain a corrected typescript and reviews for the children's book Going the Moose Way Home.
- 1987 - 1988
- Latimer, Jim, 1943- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Jim Latimer was born October 4, 1943, in Detroit MI. He attended Merrill-Palmer Institute (Detroit) 1967-68, then earned his BA from Wayne State University in 1968, an MS from Bank Street College in 1979, and a PhD from Ohio Univeristy in 1979. He began his career as a teacher in New York City in 1969, later becoming an instructor in child development at Ohio University in Athens, OH and St. John's University in St. Joseph, MN. He has also served as an instructor in story-telling and children's literature at the University of Minnesota and the University on Wisconsin Marshfield.
"Jim Latimer (1943-)." Something about the Author. Vol. 80. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1995.
Language of Materials
The collection includes a corrected typescript and reviews associated with one children's book by Jim Latimer.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Jim Latimer.
- Animals -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Moose -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jim Latimer Papers, 1987-1988
- David Byer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- October 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library