Charles Robinson Papers
Scope and Contents
The Charles Robinson papers contains pencil illustrations for the children's book Journey to America, published in 1970.
- circa 1970
- Robinson, Charles, 1931- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Charles Robinson was born the 25th of June, 1931, in Morristown, NJ. His alma maters include the Milton Academy, Harvard University and the University of Virginia, receiving his LLB in 1958. In 1968 he changed careers from law to illustration and went on to illustrate dozens of children's books.
Biographical source: "Charles Robinson (1931-)." Something About the Author. Volume 6. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1971.
Language of Materials
No linguistic content; Not applicable
The Charles Robinson papers contains pencil illustrations for one children's book illustrated by Robinson.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Charles Robinson in 1971.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- Germany -- History -- 1933-1945 -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Charles Robinson Papers, circa 1970
- Sharlene Murphy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- September 2021: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library