Thomas Pendleton Robinson Collection
Scope and Contents
The Thomas Pendleton Robinson Collection contains a manuscript draft for the children's book Pete, published in 1941.
- circa 1941
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Thomas Pendleton Robinson was an writer and architect. He was born in 1878 in Maine and graduated from MIT in 1899. He established the architecture firm Derby & Robinson with Richard Derby in Massachusetts. In addition to his architectural work he wrote several plays and books, including works for children. He died in 1954.
"Thomas Pendleton “Tom” Robinson." Find a Grave Memorial. January 21, 2019. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/196237514/thomas-pendleton-robinson.
Language of Materials
The Thomas Pendleton Robinson Collection contains a draft for one children's book published in 1941.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Donald Robinson and family.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dogs -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Robinson, Donald (Donor, Person)
- Thomas Pendleton Robinson Collection, circa 1941
- Sharlene Murphy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- October 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library