David and Lolita Granahan Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains original pencil and colored pencil studies for the nonfiction children's book Heroes and Holidays, , written by author Virginia Holmgren and illustrated by Lolita and David Granahan.
- circa 1948
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
David and Lolita Granahan were American artists and illustrators. They both died in 1991.
Language of Materials
No linguistic content; Not applicable
The collection contains original pencil and colored pencil studies for one children's book.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Originally given to Dr. Irvin Kerlan, who gave the items to the University of Minnesota.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Holidays -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- David and Lolita Granahan Collection, circa 1948
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2023: Collection reprocessed and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library