Pers Crowell Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains one ink illustration for the book Beau Dare : American Saddle Colt, written and illustrated by Pers Crowell.
- circa 1946
- Crowell, Pers (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Pers Crowell, freelance illustrator and writer, was born in Pasco, Washington in 1910. He wrote and illustrated numerous books for children, focusing on animals (especially horses).
"Pers Crowell (1910-)." Something About the Author. Volume 2. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1971.
Language of Materials
No linguistic content; Not applicable
Collection contains one ink illustration for book written and illustrated by Pers Crowell.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Horses -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pers Crowell Collection, circa 1946
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- September 2021: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library