Laurence Cruse Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a jacket proof, jacket art, and double-page spreads from the children's book Robert and the Statue of Liberty, written and illustrated by Laurence Cruse.
- circa 1968
- Laurence (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Laurence Cruse wrote and illustrated the book Robert and the Statue of Liberty.
Language of Materials
Collection contains illustrative material from one children's book by Laurence Cruse.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Color separation (technique) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oil paintings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Spanish language materials -- Bilingual Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Laurence Cruse Papers, circa 1968
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- September 2021: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.