Phyllis Root Papers
Scope and Contents
The Phyllis Root Collection contains written productive material for several dozen children's books published between 1985 and 2016. Items include manuscripts, typescripts, proofs, dummies, correspondence, notes, articles, research material, reviews, clippings, illustrations, and miscellaneous material.
- 1980-circa 2016
- Root, Phyllis (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Phyllis Root was born February 14, 1949 in Fort Wayne, Indiana and attended Valparaiso University. She was written over 50 children's books since the 1980s, incluing books such as Moon Tiger, Soup for Supper, Plant a Pocket of Prairie, and One North Star. She lives in Minneapolis, MN.
Language of Materials
The Phyllis Root Collection contains written production material for several dozen children's books published between 1985 and 2016.
Collection is arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Phyllis Root.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Phyllis Root Papers, 1980-circa 2016
- Sharlene Murphy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 23, 2015: Collection reprocessed by Laura Howard, EAD updated by Teresa Tjepkes.
- March 2018: New material added by Carter Thurmond
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library