Ramon Royal Ross Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains two typescripts for the children's book Prune, published in 1984.
- 1983, undated
- Ross, Ramon Royal (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Ramon Royal Ross was born the first of November, 1930, in Walla Walla, Washington.Ross majored in English at Central Washington University and would later go on to be a professor of education at San Diego State University. In 1968, his first book, Young American Basic Reading Program: Levels 1-10, was published. He is best associated with Prune, a story of a prune's adventure and love-tale with a raspberry.
"Ramon R(oyal) Ross (1930-)." Something About the Author. Volume 62. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1990.
Language of Materials
The Ramon Royal Ross Papers contains two typescripts for one children's book.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ramon Royal Ross.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ramon Royal Ross Papers, 1983, undated
- Sharlene Murphy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- September 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library