Polly Greenberg Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains written material, including typescript, contract, dummy, correspondence, and reviews related to the children's book Oh Lord, I Wish I was a Buzzard, by Polly Greenberg and illustrated by Aliki.
- 1965 - 1968
- Greenberg, Polly (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Polly Greenberg was born April 21, 1932, in Milwaukee, Wis. She worked as an elementary school teacher, and eventually became a staff member of the U.S. Office of Education, where she worked in the Child Development Office of Mississippi and helped begin the Head Start program, and later the U. S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare. She wrote several works on child development and curriculum, as well as several books for children, the most well-known of which is Oh Lord, I Wish I Was a Buzzard. She died in 2013.
Biographical Sources: "Polly Greenberg (1932-). Something About the Author. Vol. 52. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1988.
Language of Materials
Contains production materials for one children's book written by Polly Greenberg.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Polly Greenberg.
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brothers and sisters -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cotton picking -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Siblings Subject Source: Homosaurus
- Polly Greenberg Papers, 1965-1968
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- October 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library