James Holding Papers
Scope and Contents
The James Holding Papers contains typescripts and correspondence related to They Mystery of Dolphin Inlet and Poko and the Golden Demon, two children's books published in 1968.
- 1966 - 1968
- Holding, James (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
James Holding was born in 1907 and died in 1997 in Pittsburgh, PA. Focusing on mystery stories, he wrote over 40 children's books, some under the pseudonym Ellery Queen.
Language of Materials
Collection includes typescripts and correspondence related to two children's books written by James Holding.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of James Holding.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Detective and mystery stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- James Holding Papers, 1966-1968
- Elizabeth Langley
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- September 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library