Gladys Zehnpfennig Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains manuscripts, a typescripts, correspondence, and research related to two biographies for children written by Gladys Zehnpfennig: Charles F. Kettering: Inventor and Idealist and Son of Nazareth.
- Zehnpfennig, Gladys (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Gladys Zehnpfennig wrote several books for young people in the 1950s through the 1970s, primarily nonfiction works and biographies.
Language of Materials
Contains drafts and related material for two biographies for children written by Gladys Zehnpfennig.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Gladys Zehnpfennig.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventors -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jesus Christ (Depicted) -- Biography -- Juvenile fiction
- Kettering, Charles Franklin, 1876-1958 (Depicted) -- Juvenile literature
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint (Depicted) -- Juvenile fiction
- Gladys Zehnpfennig Papers, 1956-1962
- Leslie Czechowski and Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- September 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library