Will Weaver Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains corrected typescripts and notes for Striking Out, written by Will Weaver and published in 1993.
- 1991 - 1993
- Weaver, Will (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Will Weaver was born on January 19, 1950 in Park Rapids, Minnesota. He earned his B.A. degree from the University of Minnesota in 1972 and his M.A. degree from Stanford in 1979. He is the author of adult and young adult fiction and a contributor to various magazines, and previously taught creative writing at Bemidji State University.
.4 Cubic Feet (1 hollinger box)
Language of Materials
Contains typescripts for one juvenile novel by Will Weaver.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Will Weaver.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Baseball stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farm life -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fathers and sons -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minnesota -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Will Weaver Papers, 1991-1993
- Karen Spilman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau